Carousel, use arrow keys to navigate.
The Van Gogh family lived here from 1882 to 1885, with Vincent living there from December 1883 to May 1884. The vicarage was built in 1764 by the municipal community which at the time was obliged to provide a house for the Reformed Church preacher.
Vincent van Gogh’s father, Theodorus van Gogh, was a preacher in the community. Vincent’s first studio was here at the vicarage. Vincent painted the front and the back of the building once and also sketched it once.