Vincent van Gogh drew the St. Clemenskerk in Gerwen in December 1883.
The original church building dated from around 1450. The lower part, the north transept and the foundations for the tower are part of an older building. In the seventeenth century the church was used by the Protestants, but later on became Catholic again. The church was fully restored in 1993. It is now owned by the Stichting Pius X (Foundation) and is a national monument.