Next to the church where Vincent’s father Theodorus 'Dorus' van Gogh was the minister, there was an old house that was bought by the Dutch Reformed Church in Zundert in 1862/63 on the recommendation of Vincent’s father. The building was used to house the church’s verger. Vincent’s father collected money and donated ten guilders himself.
The verger’s house is still there and can be visited. It forms part of the Vincent van GoghHuis. An artist-in-residence location has been created on the grounds, with a guest house and a gallery in the building. A new studio has been built where an old shed once stood.